2 packets of cheese from Kraft Original Macaroni & Cheese Box (2 x 8 oz boxes)
3 cups of standard macaroni noodles, cooked al-dente
3 cups of rice crispies
1 10 oz bag of jet puffed “mini” marshmallows (or jumbo, as long as it’s 10oz)
8 oz of a good grueyre cheese, shredded
4 slices of brioche bread
1/2 cup of grated parmesan
Make the Breadcrumbs (Optional)
1. Tear apart bread into small bite sized pieces. It’s ok if it’s a few days old
2. On a baking sheet, spread out bread, and drizzle with olive oil
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
4. Take out, turn and toss with parmesan
5. Bake for another 15 mins or so keeping an eye until golden brown.
6. Remove and let cool – this can be done well before the treats
Make the Treats
1. Open the mac and cheese boxes and take out the cheese powder, and reserve
2. I recommend using standard size mac noodles, but you could also use the noodles in the boxes here, but they are a bit small. Either way, cook 3 cups of noodles al-dente, then drain and dry off on paper towels
3. Heat a good amount of olive oil (or other oil) in a pan and fry the noodles until they are light brown and crispy. Keep an eye on this, as you want them crispy, but not burnt. If they aren’t crispy, keep going, even if they are getting darker than a rice crispy.
4. Once the noodles are fried, put them on a paper towel to drain, but also add about 1/3 of the box cheese in order to coat them.
5. In a dry bowl, mix together 3 cups of rice crispies and 3 cups of the fried noodles. Set aside.
6. Over a medium-high heat in a large saucepan, melt the butter. Once totally melted, add the marshmallows, and heat until liquified, stirring constantly. Next add in the shredded cheese and the remainder of the cheese powder, until melted and fully incorporated.
7. Remove from heat and immediately add the noodle-crispy mixture, and stir until fully incorporated.
8. Pour into a greased 8 x 11 pan to cool.
9. If desired, top with more greyere, and breadcrumbs
10. After about an hour cooling, cut and serve!